Provincial Cannabis Roll Out Strategy : Prince Edward Island
As the legalization of Cannabis quickly approaches, provinces have been left to determine how they will introduce recreational cannabis into communities. News and information regarding the latest strategies for integrating cannabis will be listed as it is available. Sign Up for our newsletter to receive alerts and gain access to the latest news in the Canadian cannabis industry.
- Possesion of up to 30 grams of cannabis or its equivalent will be permitted for adults 19 and over.
- Production and processing of cannabis will remain regulated through federal licensing.
- click here to read the article that was released by the province of PEI
- The consumption of cannabis will be restricted to private homes and there is potential for designated public spaces to be permitted.
- There will be 4 dedicated and government owned stores located in Summerside, Montague, West Prince and Charlottetown. Government owned e-commerce will be offered with home delivery.
- Impaired driving with a minor will be considered a summary offense.
• Prince Edward Island has set its legal age at 19, and said it will sell marijuana at standalone outlets run separately by its liquor commission. P.E.I. will allow online sales, and restrict marijuana use to private residences.